What girl doesn’t want perfectly polished, healthy hair? Well, here’s 5 healthy hair hacks every girl should know from YouTube beauty guru Wengie.
1) Healthy hair starts on the inside. Providing your body with the right mixture of vitamins and minerals helps improve strength and beauty of your hair. Wengie suggests using Sugar Bear Hair vitamins. These vitamins provide the right mix of omega-3’s, vitamins A and C, and minerals such as, Biotin and folic acid.
2) Using a hair mask helps restore moisture to dry, brittle hair. Use 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, heated in the microwave or warm water and baste into hair. Massage the oil into the scalp, then comb through your hair. Let the oil sit in your hair 30 minutes before washing it out.
3) If you must towel dry your hair, use a t-shirt instead. This eliminates frizz caused by using a towel. However, Wengie advises patting your hair dry versus rubbing, or wrapping your hair in the shirt.
4) If you’re tired of split-ends, and can’t wait until your next trip the salon, she provides 2 methods for trimming split-ends at home. The first methods is twisting the hair until the split-end become visible, then using a pair hairdresser scissors, trim the split-ends away. The other methods she uses is the 3 finger method. Simply run you hair over and under three fingers, exposing the split-ends and trim them away.
5) For that freshly washed hair look between washings, try using cornstarch or baby powder in your hair to soak up oils while you sleep. When you wake up, use a blow dryer to blow away the powder and style as usual. Not only will you have fresh looking hair, but doing this helps add volume to dull, lifeless hair.